Monday, September 2, 2013

end of august

well... I guess I am really settling into my routine in Costa Rica. I have been here 6 weeks but it feels like I have been living here so much longer! It must be because I am so busy with work each day and thoroughly enjoying my weekends. The people who I have become close friends with are great and it is starting to feel like I have known them forever! weird. :)

These past few weeks have been jam packed with fun, so I will fill you in on some of the adventure!

San Jose weekends: One of the best parts about staying in San Jose for the weekend is being able to go to the feria organica! It is the cutest little hippie farmer's market and I have found tons of great gems (thanks Elle!) It is nice to stock up of fresh fruits and veggies, but I also enjoy the pesto, sun-dried tomato pesto, chocolate banana bread and variety of goat cheese I have brought home. Haven't been disappointed in a purchase yet! The hard part is getting up and being out the door by 7:15 to get the good stuff. I am so not a morning person...

Elle doing some shopping
Sean doing some browsing


Last weekend my roommate, Elle, and I hosted the "Old gringo/new gringo" party and also celebrated our friend Meghan's birthday! It was a wonderful time and it was nice to get to know some of the other teachers who have been teaching here awhile. We had a great time and I am happy we were able to bring so many people together! The gringos gotta stick together!


Meghan, Elle y yo :)


Language Acquisition: My Spanish is coming along s l o w l y... but it is coming! Every Monday I take Spanish after school and while it is only an hour a week, it is still helpful. We have been working on regular verbs in the present tense... now I just need to memorize what they all mean since I know how to conjugate them! Soon enough.
I did my first yoga class in Spanish! I do yoga at school every Wednesday and every other week she does English/Spanish... I was a little nervous I would be lost, but I did better than I thought! Turns out knowing silla means chair, perro means dog, derecho means right and izquierda means left helped a lot! I enjoyed the class more than I thought!

That about sums up what I do on a weekly basis... work, Spanish class, work, yoga... work... get caught in the afternoon rain, oh and drink copious amounts of wine but nothing has changed there...

thanks for reading :) pura vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment