Monday, September 2, 2013

puerto viejo!

This past weekend I took my first trip to the Caribbean in Costa Rica! It was beautiful! There was a group of nine and we left immediately after work on Friday to catch the 4 o'clock bus to the beach! It was along trip, but it was worth it! We stayed in little cabinas (Cabinas Selvin, I believe) in Punta Uva... they were rustic, but affordable and had kitchens. I wish you could have seen the size of the insects! I was too afraid of them to take pictures! They were HUGE! Here is a few pictures of the place though...

a bedroom- with a net for the HUGE bugs!
front porch with hammock!



The kitchen!

 We spent Saturday at the beach, it was beautiful! The water was clear and warm and the beer was cold and delicious! We had a delicious lunch (I had fish tacos with Caribbean rice and beans) and then we headed back to the place to shower up and prepare for a night on the town!

Some of the crew

Could this be any more relaxing?

Que lindo!

 We headed into town for dinner and ate at a place called Chile Rojo. I had FRESH Marlin with rice and veggies and it was only about 13bucks! I was pretty pleased with that! It was delicious and affordable! A few of us stayed out to enjoy the night life and I am glad I did. There were many bars with dancing and music and the culture of the Caribbean in Costa Rica is really neat! There was a bar that played all Spanish music and it was fun to watch people salsa dance, other bars played Rasta music and the dance floors were packed! While I have never been to Jamaica, it felt like it could be a similar feel. It was a wonderful night!


It's blurry, but it is the group sin Meghan at dinner! A bunch of lookers, eh? :)

Sunday was another beautiful day at the beach, a delicious meal at a place called Bread and Chocolate and a bus trip home! Needless to say, I was exhausted when I got home... but it was all worth it! Another great weekend in the books! It was pura vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment